Sunday, March 29, 2020

Pregnant But Can't Ditch Antibiotics

Pregnant at 44 - 15 February 2020 journal entry
(29 weeks pregnant)

I went to see a different pulmonologist yesterday. I had a sputum culture test and the results were not bad – nothing wrong with my respiratory flora. The doctor said I should have gone back to the first pulmonologist I saw as then he would have just extended my Cefuroxime dose. Instead I took another round of a new antibiotic. And now, I’m back to taking antibiotics (Co-amoxiclav). This is not good at all, being 3 weeks on antibiotics and pregnant. My symptoms have eased up, my nose is still congested but I can tolerate it now. I’m feeling much better than I did the last two weeks.

Yesterday as I was trying to nap, my helper knocked excitedly on the door. I was a bit annoyed to be disturbed. But it turned out that she received a flower delivery that Let sent for me. Six red roses, big ones, arranged elegantly with a love note from my “dutiful and obedient husband." My mood changed in a heartbeat – it was Valentine’s Day! I was feeling better. I look forward to swinging back to my normal daily routine by Thursday, 20 February. Down to two months waiting for my baby Galen!

No comments: