Sunday, March 29, 2020

Pregnant and Sick Before COVID

Pregnant at 44 - 6 February 2020 journal entry 

(27 weeks pregnant)

February came and saw me at my 27th week with Galen. It is the height of the flu season and coronavirus has made it more challenging to get by. I caught some bacterial infection in the last week of January and I have been sick for two (long) weeks now. I saw a pulmonologist and he diagnosed me first with bronchitis and gave me Cefuroxime and Fluimucil. I saw him again after four days and I was worse; he then changed the diagnosis to rhinosinusitis and gave me Sinupret. Alas, that too didn’t work. So I saw another doctor (an OB who's a reliever of my OB who was sick) and the first thing she told me was that I should take time off from work. She said that it is unfair for the baby. Baby boys, she said, are weaker and don’t thrive. She asked me to take another antibiotic for five days (Zithromax) and added some meds for my immune system (IgCo milk and Claricort) and asked me to up my dose of vitamin C. It’s been two days now since I went to see her but I still feel sick and congested. I pray I get well soon and the medicines take their full effect soon! I am off work for eight days! Let is away but he’s coming home tonight. I hope I am only waiting for him to get back to my normal routine and breathe well…

No comments: