Sunday, March 29, 2020

Pregnant at 44

11 January 2020 (24 weeks)

It's a Boy

Hello 2020! I like you already, as you will see my Galen (GALEN – anagram for angel) born into this beautiful, crazy, fast world. Please see us through with grace and love.

I survived the first work week! But more than that, this week gave me a peek into what Galen is up to. He was so awake and cooperative, but a bit shy, in the one hour I had a congenital anomaly scan. Galen was such a good boy, charming the doctors and showing all his organs -- his 10 fingers and 10 toes, his perfect spine, his long arms -- curling his lips, opening his mouth, sucking his toes. Galen gave us quite a show! The sonologist, who was the section head of The Medical City Women’s Health, happily showed her resident doctors a perfect scan of Galen, remarking a few times how beautiful the images they got were. “Praise be to God,” she said, and I felt God’s love and faithfulness. 💛

No comments: