Monday, March 30, 2020

Becoming insulin-dependent

Pregnant at 44 - 1 March 2020 journal entry
(31 weeks pregnant)


Hello, March! I am 31 weeks pregnant now! I pray Galen makes his entry in six weeks, by then he would be full-term already. We are all excited to meet Galen, and every day we ask: Maitim kaya, kulot kaya? I’m sure Galen’s amazing in any skin color, hair texture and size. He is God‘s perfect creation, a bonus gift to the family! My prayer is for Galen to be healthy, that I deliver him normally, and that we get to go home at the same time ready to start our lives together.

I’m getting and feeling heavier by the day. My OB ordered that I go on sick leave again, for three weeks this time. I still have cough and haven’t gotten back my normal voice. I sound nasal for a month now. My OB wants my sugar controlled. I’m taking a second insulin dose (eight units) which  I inject before dinner. Still not sure whether the second nightly dose would fix my sugar level. My endocrinologist wants me to go on a trial and error process. I increase the dosage by one unit if my sugar spikes persist until I see her again in two weeks. Weight today = 65.9 kg.

No comments: