Sunday, March 29, 2020

The Big Reveal - Shameless Bump on FB

Pregnant at 44 - 26 January 2020 journal entry

(26 weeks pregnant)

I thought my get-up was cute (shirt dress, denim jacket, white sneakers), and so I took shameless selfies of my 26-week tummy while inside Uniqlo. And next thing, I was convinced I wanted to make my first “obvious” appearance in Facebook to announce that, “Guys I’m pregnant!.” I posted what I thought was the best selfie I took, without a caption. Then came the likes, wow/shocked emoticons, and many 💗s as well. Some took a few seconds of their time to express their delight and well wishes.

For a long time, I hesitated to make public that I was expecting, fearing that something bad could happen (“mabati,” sabi ni Let). I hope I inspire older moms like me to have one more baby or have their first baby despite their advanced age. I hope, too, that I didn’t make others feel sad that I’m having my third when they have tried to have their first many times, but have not been given the chance until now to become a mom. It was not my intention to do that. I pray each woman that wants to become a mom gets to experience the joys of expecting a child.



No comments: