Wednesday, April 01, 2020

Getting into the Philippine High School for the Arts

Dear Gabee, 

I was the first to find out the exciting news that you qualified to study at the Philippine High School for the Arts, the country’s prestigious arts school. I shrieked with utmost surprise and joy! I called out to your dad to break the very happy news. You were still asleep. I woke you up and startled you with the greatest surprise of all. “Gabee, you did it!”

Wow! Amazing! God is amazing. He heard your fervent prayers to study at PHSA! You wanted to get out of Poveda. You didn’t settle well there, or just could not blend well with the Poveda students. Truly, this is an answered prayer. I couldn’t be more proud of you, and more thankful to God for his amazing blessing.

I’m sorry if I made you feel like I didn’t believe you were gonna make it. Well, the chances were too slim! Only 7 of you made the cut for visual arts field. That’s out of more than 100 young visual artists who auditioned from Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao! But I was secretly rooting for you, holding on to what little chance you had. I would check the PHSA website every day to check if I would see your name there.

Congratulations, Gabee, my sweetheart! I pray you soar high and truly discover the artist in you!

Love,
Mom

No comments: